Monday, October 27, 2008

Daylight Savings

Did you know that many countries across the world, including England, have daylight saving time? I sure didn't until recently. Turns out it was invented by an Englishman, William Willett. As it also turns out, the UK switches back to regular time a week or so before the US, so yesterday morning I got an extra hour of sleep.

This means that now I'm only six hours ahead of New Mexico time. While lying in bed early Sunday morning, I completed the first hour of my journey home. Slept through the whole thing!

3 comments:

Vae Gannon said...

If you get an extra hour of daylight savings time I am going to be soooooo much more jealous of your little "I'm in England!" trip than I already am.

Unknown said...

Well, are you coming back before Sunday? Because that's when we make the jump and you getting it first won't make once smidge of difference. Mwuhahaha!

Aye Spy said...

Hm. Sadly, I'll be coming back Monday, so I guess I miss that extra hour. Dangit!