Friday, November 14, 2008

Back!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted! Yes, I made it back safe and sound November 3, just in time to vote the next day.

The funny thing about coming back to Albuquerque, the city I know so well, is that the change wasn't really jarring, even though this place is different from England in pretty much every way. It wasn't until we pulled into our cul-de-sac that I looked at the street and considered how wonderfully wide it was. There's room for two cars to pass each other with cars parked on both sides of it. It took me a few weeks to get used to the way things worked in England, but I slipped right back into life here almost immediately.

And since I decided to ship my souvenirs and such home instead of packing them in my suitcases, sometimes it feels strangely like I never left at all, like England was just a lovely dream. Any day now I'll be getting that box of goodies in the mail, though, and then I'll have proof!

So, I know I'm behind on articles here. I still haven't told you all about my favorite little town, Bury St. Edmunds, or my flat and friends in Beyton, or the friends at church! And I still have pictures of London to post, too! Keep checking back, I'll get around to everything as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Goodie... I want to see lots of pictures and hear about everything! Glad you're home now. ;)

Anonymous said...

So when do you think you will be able to get around to posting about the rest of your trip?